Comment on page
There are two ways to upload any theme to the WordPress site: Admin panel and FTP. The most recommended way is uploading via the Admin panel, however, sometimes there may be size limitations for files uploaded that is why this manual provides both ways:
Download a theme package file from ThemeForest. Unzip the package file on your computer - the theme package folder will be created.
- 1.Sign in to your admin panel in yourdomain.com/wp-admin
- 2.Find Appearance → Themes in the Dashboard
- 3.Click the button Add New (on top of the page) and go for the Upload option
- 4.Open the browse, then pick elessi-theme.zip in the downloaded Theme package from ThemeForest
- 5.Click Install Now button
First, you need to uncompress the WordPress theme ".zip" in the Theme package downloaded from Themeforest. But in Elessi Theme Package, we have unzipped them already into Elessi folder and each unzipped folder contains all necessary files to install the theme, including layouts, CSS and PHP files containing all theme code. Using the FTP to transfer the folder of this theme to the WordPress theme's root directory: /wp-content/themes.
Connect to your hosting (server) via FTP client
Upload your theme folder to your-site.com/wp-content/themes folder
Login to your WordPress Dashboard and go to Appearance → Themes and activate Theme
Open your site and check if everything is okay